Students in grades eight through twelve and their guardians are invited to learn about apprenticeship training and career opportunities on Wednesday, January 24 at 6pm. The fair will be held at the Mark Morris High School LGIC and cafeteria, 1602 Mark Morris Ct. Activities include:
- Hear about the benefits of apprenticeship programs
- Listen to a young, skilled apprenticeship panel share their apprenticeship and work experiences
- Meet union representatives from across our region
- Meet employers who hire apprentices
- Learn about the new Pre-Apprenticeship program offered in our district next year
- Try our virtual welder and meet our teachers
In accordance with Board policy, individuals seeking appointment to the Board of Directors must be U.S. citizens and qualified voter residents of Longview School District #122. This is an “at large” position meaning it represents the entire geographic area of Longview Public Schools.
School board meetings are at 6:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month. Meetings take place in the Administration Building Board Room, located at 2715 Lilac Street, Longview. Board members also serve on subcommittee meetings, which occur at least quarterly.
The candidate selected for appointment will serve on the Board until the next odd-numbered year general election, November 2019.
Complete and submit your application online or pick up an application at the Administration Building, 2715 Lilac Street, Longview, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Applications are due to the Superintendent’s Office Jan. 19, 2018 by 3:00 p.m.
After the Jan. 19 application deadline:
- The Board will review applications in an executive session at the end of the Jan. 22 regular meeting. The Board may select candidates to interview after they complete their review of qualifications. The selection of candidates will occur in open session after the executive session.
- Candidates will be interviewed in open session during the Jan. 29 Special Meeting at 6:30pm. There will be a discussion of qualifications in executive session, then selection of a candidate for appointment to Position #3 in open session.
- The new board member will be sworn into office on Feb. 12.
District Nurse Lisa Lyons shares a healthy tip for these colder days when people are spending more time inside together. “Remember to wash your hands! Washing your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer can reduce the passing of gastrointestinal illness by 50%. The passing of respiratory illness can be reduced by 20-50%!”
Longview Public Schools is currently seeking applicants interested in serving on the Budget Advisory Committee. Committee members must be residents of the Longview School District and have an interest in long-term improvement efforts for our schools.
To apply, either:
- Complete the online application and submit it electronically, or
- Download the application and return it to the District office, 2715 Lilac St, Longview WA 98632
Applications are due Dec 22.