Meet your Principal
Fall 2018 Principal Update
I am grateful to return as the Principal of Discovery High School. We aspire to nothing less than becoming the premier alternative high school in the State of Washington.
I spent last year getting to know everybody, from students to teachers and the community of Longview. I stand by my words of last year, that we have a, “highly professional, ferociously dedicated staff.” Nothing could be more true. Our teachers are the heart of what we do here, and I’ve seen them do amazing work with our kids.
Last June we graduated 49 young women and men. 49! That is a testament to our kids’ hard work and our staff’s dedication. That was 7 x 7… maybe our slogan should be 8 x 8 ?
Thanks, again, for entrusting us with your kids’ education. We will honor that trust by making our best effort to see them across the finish line.
- We care about kids in this building.
- Our kids come first.
- Every student matters and is important.
- Every student can learn and discover a learning passion.
- Every student can succeed here and graduate.
- Graduation is an important achievement for all of our students and staff.
- We are impacting each student’s future
- We are here to help our students learn how to learn.
- We create an atmosphere where students can learn.
- There is a “kid” inside of every “student” that can be reached in some way.
- One or all of us can change one student’s life.
- There is at least one staff member here who can connect and form a relationship with each of our students.
- The “impossible” is possible
- In achieving real goals
- Our kids are smart, they are capable and they can do it.
- We are dedicated to do what is best for our students and give them the opportunity for success.
- As a group that we are good about “meeting kids where they are” and guiding them.